Ellensburg City Hall.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Ellis., “Ellensburg City Hall.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed April 21, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8365.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Ellensburg City Hall.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Ellensburg City Hall (Wash.); Public buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; National Bank of Ellensburg (Wash.); Bank buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

The Ellensburg City Hall building on the southeast corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was constructed by the National Bank of Ellensburg as a modern banking facility in 1930. From 1888 until 1930 the property had been occupied by a two story brick building built by Edward P. Cadwell and later owned by the Ellensburgh National Bank. The National Bank of Ellensburg was formally opened in November 1930. Seven years later, in 1937, the defunct bank's building was sold to the city of Ellensburg at a public auction for $10,000. The city's municipal offices were moved into the building in February 1938.Photograph postcard: titled "City Hall - Ellensberg (sic) - Wash. Ellis #6907."

Creator

Ellis.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1938.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

Original 3 1/2"x5 1/2" b/w photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-039