Farmers Bank Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Farmers Bank Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed November 24, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8367.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Farmers Bank Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Farmers Bank Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Bank Buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

The Farmers Bank Building on the northwest corner of 5th Avenue and Pearl Street was completed in 1911. The foundation was put in during the fall of 1910, and actual construction was begun the following spring. Brick and timber were on the ground in March, 1911, and by April, a large derrick was in position to swing the great blocks of Tenino stone into place. The artistic carving of lions' heads on the bank attracted much attention. The bank building was designed by architect Fay R. Spangler. During the bank's long history many local and state banks and offices have occupied the building.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

1913.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

4" x 6 1/2" b/w enlarged reprint of original photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-119