St Andrews Catholic Church and Rectory.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Published in Germany for Zetzsche & Zetzsche, Ellensburg, Washington., “St Andrews Catholic Church and Rectory.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed April 18, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8377.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

St Andrews Catholic Church and Rectory.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Catholic Church (Ellensburg, Wash.); Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Presbyterian Church (Ellensburg, Wash.); Churches -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

St. Andrews Roman Catholic Church was built in 1884 but was moved from Water Street to Pine in 1904 by Father John Sweens. A large new rectory was constructed at this time. The church and rectory face west on N. Pine Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues. This building was used until 1966 when it was demolished for the construction of a grocery store.Postcard titled: "No. 17 Catholic Church-- Ellensburg, Wash." Postmarked July 9, 1911 Spokane, Pasco & Seattle and Addressed to Mrs. W. S. Pierce, 6904 8th Ave. N.E., Seattle, Wash. Handwritten note in pencil to Hello Folkes (sic) from Flo.

Creator

Published in Germany for Zetzsche & Zetzsche, Ellensburg, Washington.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

1910.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

Original colored photographic postcard.

Identifier

BLD-078