Y.M.C.A. Building II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Ellis., “Y.M.C.A. Building II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed December 17, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8384.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Y.M.C.A. Building II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Y.M.C.A. Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Clubhouses -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; F.O.E.A. Building (Ellensburg, Wash.)

Description

The Young Men's Christian Association building on the northwest corner of Fourth and Waters Streets was built in 1911. Over $50,000 was raised by members of the community for construction on the new building. The site was donated by Mr. & Mrs. Sam Pearson. In 1980 the Fraternal Order of the Eagles Aerie #2220 of Ellensburg purchased the former Y.M.C.A. building from the Catholic Church.Ellis photograph postcard titled: "Y.M.C.A. Ellensburg Pub. by Ellis #6921". On reverse Dec. 1, 1949 Ellensburg postmark, one cent stamp. Handwritten letter in pencil written to Mildred from Mother and addressed to Mrs. L. E. Wilson...Seattle 22, Wash.

Creator

Ellis.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1945.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

3 1/2"x5 1/4" b/w original photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-036