Johnson House.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Johnson House.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed November 23, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8391.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Johnson House.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Johnson House (Ellensburg, Wash.); Johnson, Thomas; Hotels -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

The Johnson House was built by Thomas Johnson (1840-1908) in 1884 at the northwest corner of Fourth and Pearl Streets. The third floor was a ballroom, and the first and second floors were the hotel proper. The huge frame structure was completely destroyed by the July 4th 1889 fire. Johnson, an early pioneer in Yakima and Kittitas Counties, operated the first stage line from Ellensburg to The Dalles, Oregon. His hotel offered travelers many quality accommodations during their Ellensburg visit.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1887.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10" b/w photographic reprint from original.

Identifier

BLD-031