Barge Hall's Ivy Covered Main Entrance.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Barge Hall's Ivy Covered Main Entrance.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed July 29, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8406.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Barge Hall's Ivy Covered Main Entrance.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.); Barge Hall, Central Washington University (Ellensburg, Wash.); State Normal School (Ellensburg, Wash.)

Description

Barge Hall built in 1893-1894 was the first building on the Washington State Normal School campus. The main entrance was located directly beneath the 120' bell tower of the four-story brick structure. The building's early landscaping consisted of surrounding lawns, decorative trees and English ivy. For many years the ivy draped the main entrance. The building is located on the north side of 8th Avenue between D and E Streets.Postcard titled: "Entrance to Washington State Normal School, Ellensburg, Wash." Frayed edge upper right hand corner.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1902.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

Hand colored original photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-105