Cle Elum State Bank II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Cle Elum State Bank II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed November 28, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8416.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Cle Elum State Bank II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Kittitas County (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County; Cle Elum State Bank (Cle Elum, Wash.); Bank buildings -- Washington (State) -- Cle Elum; Short, G. P.; Cascade Lumber Co. (Cle Elum, Wash); Pacific Telephone & Telegraph Co. (Cle Elum, Wash.); Carpenter, Frank

Description

In 1906 A. S. Paul, a contractor, constructed a two story brick building on the corner of E. First Street and Harris Avenue for the new location of the Cle Elum State Bank. The bank was organized in November 1904. Also housed in this building were the offices of G. P. Short, attorney; Cascade Lumber Company, and the Pacific Telephone & Telegraph Company. In 1955, the bank celebrated it 50th anniversary with President Frank Carpenter who had been in this position since 1904.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1935.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

4" x 6 ½" b/w enlarged reprint of original photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-118