Y.M.C.A. Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Y.M.C.A. Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed July 28, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8425.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Y.M.C.A. Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Y.M.C.A. Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Clubhouses -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

Located on the northwest corner of Water Street and Fourth Avenue, the Young Men's Christian Association building was built in 1911. Over $50,000 was raised by members of the community for construction of the new building. The site was donated by Mr. and Mrs. Sam Pearson. The Catholic Church purchased the building in 1966 and used it as the church until 1977. The Fraternal Order of Eagles No. 2220 purchased the old Y.M.C.A. building from the Catholic Church in 1980 for their lodge meeting place and headquarters.Postcard titled "The New Y.M.C.A. Building - Ellensburg, WN."

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

1912.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

5" x7" b/w enlarged photograph reprint of original postcard.

Identifier

BLD-067