Cle Elum Hospital.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Norwood Souvenir Co., Cincinnati, Ohio., “Cle Elum Hospital.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed October 25, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8474.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Cle Elum Hospital.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Kittitas County (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County; Health care facilities -- Washington (State) -- Cle Elum; Cle Elum Hospital (Wash.)

Description

The first two story wooden frame hospital was destroyed by fire in July 1908. The land was donated to the miners and people of Cle Elum by Walter J. Reed. In 1909, a newer, larger brick hospital was rebuilt on the same site by contractors Don Perrow and Orb Barnett. Dr. Stimpson of Roslyn was the chief surgeon who was assisted by Drs. Kiehl and Newgard from Cle Elum and Drs. Phelp and Payne from Roslyn. The nurses quarters were opened in the building in February of 1909.Postcard titled: "Cle Elum Hospital, Cle Elum, Wash."

Creator

Norwood Souvenir Co., Cincinnati, Ohio.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

1909.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

5"x7" sepia reprint enlargement of original photo postcard.

Identifier

BLD-058