Ronald, Washington II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Ronald, Washington II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed October 23, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8496.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Ronald, Washington II.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Kittitas County (Wash.) -- Cityscapes; Historic districts -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County; Cityscapes -- Washington (State) -- Kittitas County; Ronald (Wash.) -- Cityscapes; Mines and mining -- Washington (State) -- Ronald; Ronald, Alexander; Northwestern Improvement Company

Description

The town of Ronald was created when No. 3 mine was opened for coal mining in the late 1880s. Named after Alexander Ronald, Superintendent of the Northwestern Improvement Company. Miners and their families built homes on the company's land near the mine. In the early years, Ronald supported eleven businesses which supplied the families with necessary goods. The school opened in May 1890 with 49 pupils. Ronald is located two miles west of Roslyn.Original photograph labeled "Ronald - looking west from #2 & #3 Mines."

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1915.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

6 1/2"x9" b/w reprint of original photograph.

Identifier

TNV-043