Brick Methodist Episcopal Church.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Brick Methodist Episcopal Church.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed July 25, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8508.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Brick Methodist Episcopal Church.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Methodist Episcopal Church (Ellensburg, Wash.); Churches -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

Construction on the two story brick Methodist Church in Ellensburg was begun in 1920 and the building was dedicated on July 31, 1921 by Bishop W.A. Shepard. The church was built across the street from it's former location to the southeast corner of N. Ruby Street and Third Avenue. The auditorium was the largest in the city. The beautiful stained glass windows came from a Portland, Oregon shop operated two French-Belgium artists. The pipe organ was from the Vincent Methodist Church in Spokane, Washington.Postcard titled: "No. 16 Methodist Church, Ellensburg, Wash."

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1925.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

5" x7" b/w enlarged photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-074