Ellensburg Pumping Station.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Mary Rowland Mires (1862-1940)., “Ellensburg Pumping Station.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed December 19, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8513.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Ellensburg Pumping Station.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Ellensburg Water Company (Wash.); Ellensburg Pumping Station (Wash.); City Pumping Station (Ellensburg, Wash.); Carter, Fred M.

Description

In 1913 the Ellensburg Water Company was changed to an irrigation district and many of the wooden canals and ditches were replaced with steel flumes. At this time the irrigation district entered into a contract with the United States government for water supplies to be stored. The cement pumping station located about 6 miles west of Ellensburg was used to pump and regulate water flow. Fred M. Carter was the city engineer and water department superintendent.Photograph titled: "City Pumping Station Ellensburg, Wash. 1913." original photograph in Mary Mire's photo album at the Kittitas County Historical Society Museum.

Creator

Mary Rowland Mires (1862-1940).

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1913.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10" b/w enlarged photographic reprint.

Identifier

BLD-041