Farmers Bank.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Published by C. E. Wheeler & Co., “Farmers Bank.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed July 28, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8546.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Farmers Bank.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Farmers Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.); Bank buildings --Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

The Farmers Bank Building on the northwest corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was completed in 1911. The building was designed by Fay R. Spangler. The large brick and timber structure was begun the fall of 1910 and by mid June 1911 the attractive stone work was completed. The artistic carvings of lions' heads on the bank building is one of the characteristic features. Since 1937, the building has housed various banking and real estate businesses.Postcard titled: "Farmers' Bank, Ellensburg, Wash."

Creator

Published by C. E. Wheeler & Co.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1914.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

5" x7" b/w enlarged photograph reprint of original postcard.

Identifier

BLD-065