Evergreen ArchEllensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Mary Rowland Mires 1862-1940., “Evergreen ArchEllensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed October 23, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8553.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Evergreen ArchEllensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Streets, Historic; Historic streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; City & town life -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Commercial streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Fourth Street (Ellensburg, Wash.); Ben Snipes Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.); Geddis Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Pearl Street (Ellensburg, Wash.); Cadwell - Olympic Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Veterans -- Rites & ceremonies -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

Looking west on Fourth Street at the intersection of Fourth and Pearl Streets was constructed a large evergreen four posted arch in the middle of the street. People gathered on a cold November 1899 day to celebrate the returning Ellensburg troops from the Spanish- American War. The stone side of the Ben Snipes Bank which later became the Washington National Bank is on the left and across the Pearl Street on left is the Geddis Building. On the right is the Cadwell-Olympic Building.

Creator

Mary Rowland Mires 1862-1940.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

November 11, 1899.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

4 3/4" x 6 1/2" b/w enlarged reprint of original photograph.

Identifier

STS-014