Elton Hotel and Ostrander's Drugs.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Ellis., “Elton Hotel and Ostrander's Drugs.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed October 2, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8560.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Elton Hotel and Ostrander's Drugs.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Streets, Historic; Historic streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; City and town life -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Commercial streets -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Davidson Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Elton Hotel (Ellensburg, Wash.); Washington National Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.); Kreidel Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Cadwell-Olympic Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Ostrander's Drugs (Ellensburg, Wash.); Phoenix Building (Ellensburg, Wash.)

Description

Looking south down Pearl Street across the intersection of Fourth and Pearl Streets many mid 1940s Ellensburg businesses can be seen. On the left in the Davidson Building was located the Elton Hotel, formerly the Albany and Savoy Hotels, managed by Ardell R. Dryden (1897-1964.) The large stone Washington National Bank, originally the Ben Snipes Bank, was built in 1889. The ornate façade of the Kreidel Building in the background on the left had been removed along with the stately and familiar tower. Housed in the Cadwell-Olympic Building on the right was Ostrander's Drugs. Pearl Street was Ellensburg's major commercial street.Postcard titled, "Street Scene - Ellensburg-Wn." No.6901.

Creator

Ellis.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1943.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

4" x 6 ½" b/w enlarged reprint of original photograph postcard.

Identifier

STS-052