Y.M.C.A. Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Y.M.C.A. Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed October 21, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8563.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Y.M.C.A. Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Ellensburg (Wash.) -- Buildings, Historic; Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Y.M.C.A Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Clubhouses -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Pearson, Sam; St. Andrew's Catholic Church (Ellensburg, Wash.); Fraternal Order of Eagles (Ellensburg, Wash.)

Description

The Young Men's Christian Association building on the northwest corner of 4th Avenue and Water Street was built in 1911. Land was donated by Ellensburg businessman Sam Pearson. Over $50,000 was raised by members of the community for construction of the new building. In 1966, St. Andrew's Catholic Church purchased the building which it occupied until 1977. The Fraternal Order of Eagles purchased the building from the church in 1980 and continues use and ownership to the present time.Postcard titled: "Y.M.C.A. Ellensburg-Wash."

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1920.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

4" x 6 3/4" b/w enlarged reprint of original photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-121