Lighthouse Cabin Court.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Lighthouse Cabin Court.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed December 21, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8575.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Lighthouse Cabin Court.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Lighthouse Cabin Court (Ellensburg, Wash.); Motels -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Lundstrom, Paul

Description

The Lighthouse Cabin Court, also called The Lighthouse Motel and the Lighthouse Auto Court, was built by Paul Lundstrom in 1935. Lundstrom owned and operated the court with its 15 "cozy cabins." Located on West Eighth Avenue the auto court had a tall lighthouse with beacons which pointed the way from the construction site of Highway 10. The new highway would carry heavy Snoqualmie Pass and Seattle to Spokane traffic past the auto court. In 1947, Hugh Boucher purchased the business and had the lighthouse tower removed.Photograph postcard titled: "Ellensburg, Wash. On Seattle Highway."

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1940.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

Original 3 1/2"x5 1/2" sepia photograph postcard.

Identifier

BLD-040