The Hotel Savoy, Davidson Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “The Hotel Savoy, Davidson Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed December 19, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8587.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

The Hotel Savoy, Davidson Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Hotel Savoy (Ellensburg, Wash.); Davidson Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Hotels -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

The Davidson Building completed in January 1890 at the northeast corner of Fourth and Pearl Streets became a well-known Ellensburg landmark with its recognizable tower. The popular Hotel Savoy which replaced the Albany Hotel about 1900 offered guests transportation in the horse drawn taxi to the train depot as well as tours around town. The Elmira Building which housed the New York Store is on the right and the G. R. Stewart Building is on the left.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1905.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10"b/w reprint of the original photograph.

Identifier

BLD-019