Lynch Building Under Construction.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

C. A. Bushnell., “Lynch Building Under Construction.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed December 22, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8588.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Lynch Building Under Construction.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Lynch Block (Ellensburg, Wash.); Johnson Hotel (Ellensburg, Wash.); Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Lynch, Patrick

Description

The Lynch Block on the southwest corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was built by Patrick Lynch during the summer and fall of 1888 for $20,000. John Nash was the building contractor. Jackson & Maloney of the Johnson Hotel leased the upper portion of the building containing twenty 'spacious and airy rooms to accommodate the travelling public.' Over the years the Lynch Block housed clothing, jewelry and dry goods stores while the second story was occupied by a variety of offices. The structure was the only downtown building not destroyed by the july 4th 1889 fire.Handwritten on original photograph "S.E. Corner 5th & Pearl Sts." The business stamp of C. A. Bushnell, Sucessor to E. J. Hamacher was stamped on the photograph. Bushnell purchased the photography business from E. J. Hamacher, Ellensburg, Wash. Territory.

Creator

C. A. Bushnell.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

October 1888.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10" b/w enlarged photographic reprint from original.

Identifier

BLD-026