Washington National Bank.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Washington National Bank.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed October 20, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8591.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Washington National Bank.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Bank buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Washington National Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.); Ellensburg National Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.); Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Cadwell, Edward P.

Description

The large, two story Washington National Bank building located on the southeast corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was constructed during the fall and winter of 1889. Edward P. Cadwell had the stone covered brick bank building built as the Ellensburgh National Bank. J. C. Hubbell sold the bank to C. S. Darrow in 1899 for $12,000. During the mid 1930s, the bank was stripped of the ornate stone facade and modernized with an Art Deco styling.Photographic enlargement of a picture postcard titled Washington National Bank, Ellensburg, Wash.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1900.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10"b/w photographic enlargement of an original postcard.

Identifier

BLD-021