Evening Record Newspaper Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Evening Record Newspaper Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed October 23, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8592.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Evening Record Newspaper Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Evening Record Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Daily Record Building (Ellensburg, Wash.)

Description

A group of men gathered in front of the Evening Record office and building awaiting the latest news in this ca. 1925 photograph. By 1913, the Evening Record, formerly the Ellensburg Localizer, was located in its new building on the northwest corner of Fourth and Main Streets. Clifford Kaynor owned and published the newspaper from 1909 until 1953. During the late 1930s, the newspaper was renamed the Ellensburg Daily Record.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1925.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

6"x10" b/w enlarged photographic reprint from original.

Identifier

BLD-024