Pearson Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Pearson Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed November 27, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8596.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Pearson Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Pearson Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Bazaar Store (Ellensburg, Wash.)

Description

Samuel Pearson constructed a 60 x 120 foot pressed brick building on the southwest corner of Fourth and Main Streets in 1908. It was built on the site of the old Blumauer Store, an early Ellensburg landmark. The ground floor of the Pearson Building housed a variety of stores including the Willis Bazaar. Built to specification, the second story was leased by the Elks Lodge and contained a loge room, banquet hall, kitchen and a magnificent fireplace.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1915.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10" b/w enlarged photographic reprint from original.

Identifier

BLD-023