Elks' Lodge Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Elks' Lodge Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed November 27, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8597.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Elks' Lodge Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Clubhouses -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Elks' Temple (Ellensburg, Wash.); B.P.O.E. Building (Ellensburg, Wash.); Ellensburg Elks Lodge (Ellensburg, Wash.)

Description

The B.P.O.E Building, known as the Elks' Temple, on the northeast corner of Fifth and Main Streets was built in 1923 by the local Elks chapter for $56,000. The Ellensburg Elks Lodge building commitee consisted of Hubbell, Morrison, Palmer, Sorenson, Anderson and Turner. McWilliams & Ross of Yakima, Washington were the general contractors. The marble cornerstone, donated by the Puget Sound Marble Company was laid in place in June 1923. The building was dedicated in March 1923.Photo postcard titled: "Elks Bldg, Ellensburg-WN. C.14.E.A.S".

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1925.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

Vintage sepia colored photo postcard.

Identifier

BLD-020