Ellensburg Bank Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Unknown., “Ellensburg Bank Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed August 30, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8606.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Ellensburg Bank Building.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Bank buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Washington National Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.); Ellensburg National Bank (Ellensburg, Wash.); Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Cadwell, Edward P.

Description

The large, two story Washington National Bank building located on the southeast corner of Fifth and Pearl Streets was constructed during the fall and winter of 1889 by Edward P. Cadwell. The building housed a variety of banks until 1937 when the City of Ellensburg acquired it for office space. The building eventually became the city hall.Photographic enlargement of a picture postcard.

Creator

Unknown.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

ca. 1915.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10"b/w photographic enlargement of an original postcard.

Identifier

BLD-022