Geddis Block.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs



Collection

Citation

Possibly E. J. Hamacher., “Geddis Block.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs,” Brooks Library Digital Collections, accessed December 19, 2014, http://digital.lib.cwu.edu/items/show/8608.

Social Bookmarking

Dublin Core

Title

Geddis Block.Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection Photographs

Subject

Historic buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg; Ellensburg (Washington) -- Buildings, Historic; Geddis, S. R.; Geddis Block (Ellensburg, Wash.); Austin Mires Law Office (Ellensburg, Wash.); Commercial buildings -- Washington (State) -- Ellensburg

Description

S. R. Geddis (1838-1912) an early day Ellensburg businessman had the large, two story brick Geddis Block built and completed by the summer of 1888. It was located on the southwest corner of Fourth and Pearl Streets. A group of men and boys posed for this June 13, 1888 photograph. Austin Mires 91852-1836) Law Office was housed in the second story of the building. The entire building was destroyed by the July 4th 1889 fire.Handwritten on original photograph "Geddis Block Ellensburg W.T. Pearl street between 3 & 4 June 13, 1888." Above second story window was written "A. Mires law office."

Creator

Possibly E. J. Hamacher.

Source

Ellensburg Public Library

Publisher

Ellensburg Public Library

Date

June 13, 1888.

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be requested from the director of the Ellensburg Public Library Local History Collection. Please contact at 209 N. Ruby St.. Ellensburg, WA 98926, (509) 962-7252.

Type

8"x10" b/w enlarged photographic reprint from original.

Identifier

BLD-025